Pages

Thursday 10 August 2017

My person



Theme: Life is full of fantastic little things
A person who is important to  me

Writing : I am learning to write a piece of prose-  a sketch with detailed words, about a particular PERSON , that is very important to me
I know I have achieved this when I can describe this sketch of this person,in specific detail. To do this I need to:
  • Use specific nouns
  • Activate the nouns with strong verbs
My friend Elijah
Young, with brown and green eyes, those that blink regularly
He has a small nose and a big head with long shaggy hair that has a golden tinge.
His yellow teeth (like -REALLY  yellow) - illuminate the inside of his mouth. He also has freckles that look like they're popping out of nowhere.
His mouth and tongue are odd because his tongue covers half of the inside of his mouth and his lips look a bit bigger then they should be for his size.
He is funny, much better than a clown who attempts to do great jokes.
My friend enjoys trying new things,
My brother from another mother runs fast , so hard, that it can be tricky to keep up with him at times
can do things that I can’t do…

My special friend Elijah

6 comments:

  1. Hi Josh
    My name is Maddison I am a year 5 student a Yaldhurst Model School
    I love your blog post
    I really liked all of it I will ask my friends to comment on it
    Well Done
    from Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Josh!
    I really enjoyed reading your peice of work!
    You made it very descriptive.
    Did you enjoy writing this?
    Whats your next step after this?
    I can tell Elijah is very important to you,
    What's some of the jokes he tells you? Do you think he could be a comedian?
    He seems very funny!
    Maybe add some more information about him.

    Thank you,
    Lucy from Yaldhurst Model School.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Josh here I hope you enjoyed reading my work.
      I did enjoy writing this because it was about my friend.
      My next step will be improving the writing and spelling.
      One of the jokes is what is the difference between a book and a teacher?
      you can shut it up
      I think he could be comedian one day.
      Thank you for reading :)

      Joshua
      drummond school
      room 4

      Delete
  3. I have improved my comment for you;

    Hello Josh!
    I really enjoyed reading your piece of work, because you made it very descriptive,I had a clear image in my head.
    Did you enjoy writing this?
    Do you like writing? I sure do because you can write down what you see and what's happening in your imagination.
    What's your next step after this?
    I can tell Elijah is very important to you because the way you wrote about him.
    What's some of the jokes he tells you? Do you think he could be a comedian?
    He seems very funny because how you said he’s funny like a clown ad clowns are hilarious.


    Thank you,
    Lucy from Yaldhurst Model School.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Josh !

    I really enjoyed hearing about your friend Elijah.

    He sounds very special to you.

    From Chyna
    Oamaru Intermediate School.
    Room 6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chayna Josh here
      I'm so happy you enjoyed reading me writing about my friend Elijah he is a good friend to have.

      Joshua
      drummond
      rooom 4

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.