Pages

Thursday 31 August 2017

Character Portrait

This week we have been writing a character description about a person that we have met in real life but don't live with,I did my long lost dad because he is a part of me and he died five years ago so I had to do him.
We were learning to describe , specifically his skin,hair,face,voice,actions and personality.


My father was a good man until he died. His skin was a dark tanned shade and under his shirt it would be light white, due to never seeing the sun. Sometimes, mainly in winter he was dark white colour with a very small tan.
He had dark green eyes that shone in the daylight,his short black beard pointed like a stick,his nose was medium size but happened to stick out like a little beak.He had normal ears but could hear a lot of stuff, even things we didn’t want him to.
My dad had dark black hair , it was short and felt like smooth sandpaper and it would disappear at night - in the darkness  he would cut it all the time.

My father liked to talk about will happenings in the future (and in the past) .He liked to play rugby and sometimes at practice he would let us play too.
I always liked my dad for what he would do to help get work,jobs and school stuff.
He would tell us to Never let go of your dreams and no matter where you are I will always be in your heart.

Now he is gone forever but he will always be my treasure rare that I never lose.

10 comments:

  1. Hi josh
    Touching great story. I really enjoyed it. Sorry for your lose.

    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Josh
    Sorry about your father I feel really bad for you. Your story is very touching great job.

    Khali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did feel bad. thank you for reading

      Delete
  3. Hello Josh,

    Amazing story. I love some of the descriptive words you used. Was it hard for you to write this?

    Keep up the good work.

    Prudence,
    Yaldhurst Model School

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very hard for me to write this but I got it done

      Delete
  4. Hi Josh, great post and I am sorry about your Dad.
    Anyway, you did a great job because you used really descriptive words and you described your Dad very well. I think you did a super job and if you could add a photo next time it would be better but it's up to you.

    Kind regards,
    Parwin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for reading this about my dad

      Delete
  5. Hi josh, its Saxon from yaldhurst model school and I really like blog post about your character portrait. I love making portraits, do you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like writing them but they are better when you write about someone you love

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.